Saturday, September 4, 2010

The weekend

Friday morning, I finally got around to unpacking my room. My friend who does her blog always has pictures with her stuff, but I don't know how to do that. But, the picture that I do have up, is a typical good morning picture. My roommates come and hang in my room in the morning cause I'm downstairs next to the kitchen. But yes, I bought a lamp for my room from target that has the wire lights that can go every which way and they have a little cover over each of them that we decided to use as hats...

Friday, we cooked dinner together...all of the roommates. Most of the time it's just been the three of us, Rebecca (Squirt), Paige and I. Our other roommate, Taralah, has a lot of friends here from other times she's been here so she goes to hang with them a lot, but the rest of us are brand new. She's pretty sweet though! So, when I was picking up a few items for our meal at Kroger, I was trying to get a cart and it was stuck. And I pulled and shook and pulled and jiggled and I could not get it separated from the other cart. But, thankfully this guy was next to me and he came over and separated them for me. There were like 6 rows of carts to choose from and I chose to pick one from the row that was stuck together.

I don't really remember Saturday, we might have gone to Daniel's pool. I know Daniel from Grand Rapids so it's nice to have another Michigander here. Or this might have been the work out day. I forgot. I do remember a leotard fiasco. We have to wear a certain color and style of leotard for ballet class and so they told me I could just get it when I got here because we didn't know what level I'd be in so I was going to wait until after the first week. But then they told me I was for sure in a certain level and I needed to have the leotard. So, I went over to the dance store to get one. NONE! Oh ok, no big deal, I'll just order one. Haha, funny, they won't come in til October 13...classes start September 7. I thought I'd just order on discount dance but they didn't have it. I called Kicks in GR and every store in Mississippi. No one had it. How can no one have the leotard I need. I did end up finding it, but it was a ton of work. But, now I'm all set and ready to go.

Sunday, we planned to go to church. I have one that I really like, but I wanted to try a couple of others just to make sure of which I was going to. My roommates were all going to go to this one called Pine Lake that a lot of Ballet Magnificat! dancers attend so I decided to go with them. We never made it. The gps took us to some gated neighborhood with a lake in the back of it. Not sure what happened, so then we just turned around and went home because we were going to the 11:00 service so every place else had already started. We just went home and hung out instead.

Always, always, always an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment