Saturday, September 4, 2010

Beagle Bagel

Oops, I forgot to add something to the last one. I think I remember why I can't remember one of the days. So, I've been trying to eat more green things to bring in the calcium and a friend had given me a recipe for a smoothie thing with green stuff in it. It was disgusting. But my two roommates were so kind and we're like, if you have to eat that, we'll do it with you. But, it did not sit well with me at all. I spent the night throwing it up. Some people don't think it was the smoothie, but all I know is that's what came up and I will never be having one of those again. We've all actually had our turn throwing up from different things, so Taralah is next because she hasn't yet.

Monday, this week, I started my new job at Beagle Bagel. It's so so so different than anything I've ever done. I've gone from a gymnastics coach to an office manager to an administrative assistant to a production assistant to a dance teacher and now I'm doing "one of those jobs" that everyone has at some point in their life. I am really enjoying it, though. Everyone is so nice and helpful and it's great because you get to be so friendly with the people you serve. It's kind of like a subway type thing, but much better. But you ask them different things they want on their sandwich and stuff. I worked M-F this week. A little bit more than I will be doing when ballet starts, but I was ok with that cause I was training and they have a new person next week so I needed to know most everything by the end of the week.

It's kind of funny because I am really having to work on understanding people. I am having to learn to say new things, too, that I am not used to because down here it's considered polite. Sometimes I just have to laugh at myself and my inability to understand what people are saying. I think I am catching on, but sometimes it's just really funny. It helps that one of my roommates is from North Carolina, Squirt, and my other is from Florida, Paige. Taralah is from Oregon so we mostly sound the same. But the other two are helping me and find great joy in mocking me for how I talk and making me repeat different things I say because I sound weird. They think it's funny.

My two roommates and I made dinner together a couple of times this week. I really enjoy that. We've had tons of great talks and it's been great to really get to know the two of them and start investing in their lives. They are both working at Pac Sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment