Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Dancing Queen - Well, not really, yet.

Ballet is going well. My ankle is hurting a little bit, but I think it's getting better. We are on class 6 in a row of doing stuff en pointe, so my big tootsies are feeling it a bit, but that's about all. I was anticipating more pain, but so far so good. I think I should probably just stop counting the number of days we have pointe because I am pretty certain we will be doing it every class from here on out. No blisters, just a marley burn on the top of my foot that bleeds every day from doing a turn into a kneeling position. I might try putting a bandaid on it tomorrow before class to see if that helps. Yes, I am just thinking of this now after two and a half weeks of cutting it open every day.

     Right now, I have classes four days a week and rehearsal one other day. Eventually, I will be taking two classes on a day, but I am letting my body get used to 4 days a week before I start adding some days. I feel like I am improving already! My leg muscles are beginning to come back and buff up again which is nice considering their wimpy state before I came here. Please pray that I continue to pump out the muscle so I don't hurt my bones.

     Everyone in my ballet class calls me a beast. It's kinda strange cause I don't think of myself as a beast, but I'll take it. We have to do these conditioning things before class every day, jumping jacks, hollow hold things, back ups and push ups. These are not difficult for me. I can do the amount of everything in a row without breaks, but apparently no one else can. Especially the stomach things, we have to do 100 and they try and do them as fast as possible, but I just go slow and take my time...which I guess is harder because you hold the position longer. And then there are very few girls who can do real push ups. I'm only up to 35 and she wants us at 50 by Christmas...I should be there in just a few weeks.

     We are working on several dances right now and so that's a lot of fun. A lot of work, but it's good. This is my third week of dance and I already know three and am working on a fourth. Next week I think we start a fifth dance. So yeah, there's no messing around. They keep us moving, but it's good.

Oh and a new discovery I have made. I know how to sweat!!!! By the time I get through plies, I am pretty much drenched. I don't know if it's cause it's way hotter here and they keep the studios warm or cause I'm working hard or what. But, I never knew how to sweat before and now it looks like I sprayed myself with a water bottle.

I still have not come to like hairspray. I use it daily, but ewww. The only times I used it before were for high school banquets and performances and now it's like a part of my life. But, if I wanna dance, I've got to use it, so I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment