Friday, September 10, 2010

First Official Week

Where to begin?? It's been some time, so let me think of some highlights. Please don't think of me failing as a blogger quite yet...it's been a busy week with ballet starting and work

Sunday, we actually did make it to church!!!!! Getting home was a different story, but let's just say we were mis-directed by the person who gave us directions. We did end up making it home, hence my ability to be on the computer right now. Then, we had a pointe shoe sewing party, which is not really as fun as you all might think it would be. Sewing and sewing, but it was kinda cool too. Oh, and we made brownies for a party on Monday, but we sampled them during the pointe shoe sewing party while we watched sound of music. We decided to put them on a plate so we could have some and no one would know they were missing like they would have if we left them in the pan...



Labor Day was such hard work!!! I got up at noon, hung around with my roommates and then I went to a trainee party with my roommates. It was fun cause the trainee captains have invited me to come to any of their events.

This is me, Paige, Squirt and our friend Meredith at the trainee party.

This week we started ballet class and so I had class Tuesday, Thursday and today. I LOVE IT!!!!! I am having so much fun. I'm working hard and it's really hard but as my teacher says, "It's ballet, people, it's hard. Get used to it." So, I am working on that, but, oh my word, is my body ever sore. Try not doing something for 6 months and then all of the sudden doing it 3 out of 4 days in a row...you're body will be angry with you as mine is with me right now. But, it's all good. Just general soreness, nothing's injured yet. We will start pointe Monday!!!

My most exciting news is that I have been asked to be a part of a performing group with my level. At first, I was just planning on taking class and understudying all the parts so I could fill in if someone was missing, but now my teacher has invited me to be a part of the group. This means that I will get to be in the performances and tour around with my company and PERFORM! I love performing, so this is just great. The name of my group is Magnificat! Youth Ballet - Senior Company. I am so excited about this. There are certain performances that feature MYB and now I am one of them. This will really help me become a better dancer and be better at choreography, too!!! We're already rehearsing for a piece we're performing in October.

Oh, another exciting thing is that I got a gym membership!! It's a gym that my friends go to, so that's going to be fun and I got a really good deal on it. Did you Michigander friends know that gyms in the south have and indoor AND an outdoor lap pool???? It was 100 degrees today. I think I might test it out tomorrow after work since I worked pretty much right up until ballet then went to ballet and I was too tired to work out after all of that.

Yeah, so my most exciting thing in all of this is that I just love ballet and I am so happy to be dancing all the time. I am really excited to get back into dancing shape, it's going to be super!

2 comments:

  1. You're doing so good with your blog! I love hearing about how things are going so well for you and how excited you are about everything you are getting to experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm working on it. I do have to say that this was a good idea. You're brilliant

    ReplyDelete