Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Doctor's Visit

But this one was not for me. I needed to take my roommate, Squirt (Rebecca is her real name), to the doctor today. She just turned 17 so she can't go by herself so I am her "responsible party". Funny, I know, but I am. So yeah, if any one reading this could please pray for her, she has plantar fasciitis and that really doesn't work well with dancing. She can't do jumps at all and it hurts to go on her toes. Both of those are a huge part of ballet.
Pray for healing for her feet. A miracle would be fantastic! Pray for us that we will have wisdom in when she can start ballet again. We want it completely healed before she starts dancing again so it stays away. Pray that we will be diligent in icing and doing the stretches she needs to do and remembering everything so it will get better as soon as possible. She's supposed to dance 9-3 every day, so she'll be missing a lot by taking time off, but a few weeks is better than several months. I think the ballet company will understand, so just pray they don't give her a hard time about taking the time she needs to heal.
The doctor we went to today was not very helpful and we've been basically doing everything he told us to because I guessed that she had this a couple of weeks ago, so we just started working on stuff to help it. We went to a running store for her to get fitted for better shoes to walk around in. The guy was very helpful (more so than the doctor) so I just hope that her parents will understand and she'll be able to get the shoes and inserts. She had no pain when she was in those shoes and she's usually in pain all the time. I'll be talking with her dad later today explaining everything that the doctor said and what the shoe store guy suggested and stuff.

If anyone else has had this before and has suggestions on things that worked for you, please comment on this because we're willing to try whatever. We've been icing, ice waterbottle, stretching it and doing some massage on it, but didn't want to massage too much as to irritate it more. She's been taking some ibuprofen, but we'll be more consistent about that.
If you think about it, you can pray for my body as well. I'm still in recovery mode, too. So far so good with everything, but the demands of me to my body are increasing as ballet classes are getting harder. I really want to stay healthy so I can dance the whole year and not sit on the sidelines. I am in one of the Youth ballet companies now and that demands more from my body. It's really fun though.

Oh, and I started point this week and that was really fun!!!! Yep, my toes hurt a bit, but nothing too bad. I have rehearsal tonight and then a fun night with my roommates!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I talked with her dad just a bit ago and we're going to be able to get everything we need! Yay, Praise God! We are one step closer to getting this thing healed.

    ReplyDelete