Saturday, September 4, 2010

I am a blogger now, let's see how regularly I can do this...

So, I had a friend suggest I do a blog to keep all of you Michigander friends updated. Here it goes. I haven't been on the computer much since I've been here, but I'll try to keep it up-to-date.

Where to begin? My mom and I drove down here on August 24 and made it safely with no hang-ups. We unloaded and I met all of my roommates. A couple of my friends I met this summer also stopped by to welcome me to my new home for the year. The next day, my mom and I went to get some things that I didn't bring - like bedding, shower curtain, you know some of those things you kind of really need. (The first night I slept in a sleeping bag). She headed back home and I went to my friends house to help her paint her kitchen.

Oh yeah, I also got a job on my first day here. My mom went to this place called Beagle Bagel for breakfast (she slept at a hotel) and was talking to some of the workers and they wanted me to come in and talk to them. So, I did and now I work at Beagle Bagel making sandwiches on bagels or paninis or whatever people want. They also make incredibly delicious looking desserts and pastries, so it's kinda hard to work and not get anything.

Thursday, I painted again and then my roommates needed my printer and couldn't figure it out, so I headed back home and my friend, Daniel, helped me put my bed together so I would have something to sleep on. I still hadn't unpacked my room because I was too busy socializing. That night, two of my roommates and I had a dance party and as soon as I figure out how to put the video on here, I will because it is definitely a must see.

I am having tons of fun here. It's hard to explain, but the video will show you what I mean.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere, Andrea! Can't wait to hear more! As much as I miss ballet class with you, it sounds like you are going enjoying your new venture. I couldn't be more excited for you!!!

    Oh, and I owe you an email about my time in NYC. :) I'll work on that...

    ReplyDelete