Friday, October 8, 2010

The Fall

And NO, I did not fall in ballet class. At least not yet. Although, yesterday we had a substitute teacher and she gave us this combination to purposely make us really dizzy. I know it was on purpose cause she told us. I'll have to show all of you sometime and have you try it and see if you can stand on your own two feet.

Anyways, the fall. I miss the fall. It's beginning to feel like fall here because the mornings are cooler. But, it will still get up to like 85 degrees in the afternoon. Some days, it stays in the 70s. But yeah, there's nothing really too fallish here. Most all of the trees are still very green; there's none of those pretty maple trees changing colors or anything. Apparently the tree in my front yard gets really pretty, but that doesn't happen til December. There's not really any apple cider, no apple picking, caramel apples, apple pie, hay rides, corn mazes, pumpkin patches, it's just not the same. I won't really get to see fall though, because I am sure it's happening right now in Michigan while I am here. And then when I come to Michigan in December, fall will be over there but it will be going on in Mississippi so I'll miss it here. Oh well, it does happen every year, so I am certain I will see it at another time in my life. I am not too sad about missing all of the snow, though...*And there was much rejoicing*

So, at work this past week, some of my co-workers were asking me what I was eating. I was like, ummm, a sandwich and carrots. They were like, "that ain't no lunch, that rabbit food" and I was like, oh, well it fills me up, what's wrong with it. "what kind of bread is that? that no bread" and I was like yeah, it is. "oh, girl, no. We gonna teach you to be black. You're too white. We're gonna have a big southern fry and make you try everything. You be anorexic eating like that." I was like, we can't be anorexic at the ballet company I'm with and so they were like, "Ok, you're malnourished then, is that better?" I was like Oh no, I'm not! But they didn't believe me. It was funny. I'm just waiting to see what the cookout is like. It probably won't happen. They like to tease me and my healthy eating habits. Every one there likes to pick on me, it's really funny.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha... ohh andrea! the southern cooking is definitely not healthy but it is good! if they have a cookout it's a once-in-a-lifetime deal so definitely go but other than that STAY STRONG on your healthy eating! hahaha... p.s. i'm so proud of you down there! love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, so far I haven't liked any of the southern food I've had. It makes me feel sick. So, I'm just gonna stick to my healthy stuff.

    ReplyDelete