Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's been long enough

Ok, I think another blog update is in order. I learned, when I was home for the holiday, that my blog is quite entertaining. But, just to assure all of you readers, I just write what really happens and what comes to mind. So, here goes it...
Before I left to come home for Christmas and such, we had quite drastic weather changes. One day, was quite a windy day and so they set off the tornado alarm cause I guess one was sighted in our town or something. I always forget if those are warnings or watches. All I know is that the siren goes off tons of times in GR and we never do anything about it. Ok, ok, one time we got woken up to go into the basement, but that's it. Tornadoes are not quite so common here, so my roommates were a little more of the panicked variety. We don't have a basement here, so my bathroom is the "safest" place to hide.

There was also one day when it got really cold and it "snowed". I forgot that people here get very excited about the snow. They were all telling me, "I bet it's gonna snow today!" "Did you hear we might get snow" "Aren't you so excited that it's going to snow" Haha, I just looked at them and was like, oh right, this is an exciting thing, I forgot. So then I would try to be excited. I was at work and they were like, LOOK! It's snowing. If I hadn't have looked at that particular moment, I would've missed it. I don't think our weather man would even report it. Maybe "a few flurries" if we were lucky.  Haha, but it was fun, they enjoyed it.

Yeah, and then before I left it was in the 50s. I drove back tonight and it's 40 something, so I'm thinking it's still staying warmish, but I don't really know. I haven't stayed up to date on the MS weather. As a matter of fact, someone asked me what the weather/driving conditions were going to be like on my way home and I had no idea. I just knew I had to drive today, so it didn't really matter what I would encounter cause I had to drive.

My joints tell me when the weather changes, so the drastic changes are kinda weird. But everything definitely likes the warmer weather, so hopefully it will stay warmish. I experienced enough frigidness and snow when I was in GR so I'm ready for a southern winter. Not a wanna-be northern winter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment