Tuesday, February 21, 2012

In Michigan, what??? A miracle

Many of you have probably figured out that I made a random trip up to Michigan. Not really so random, but unexpected. I've been having hip trouble so I haven't been able to dance since Christmas, so we decided I should come back home to get it all figured out. Pt, massage and rest were not making it any better so there was a more significant problem.
I've been very thankful that the doctors, surgeons and nurses have all been really working with me to get all of this done quickly so I can get back to Mississippi. It's been really nice. It turns out I have a labral tear and so they will need to do arthroscopic surgery on it. I was supposed to have that tomorrow (Wednesday). They scheduled it even though I hadn't seen the surgeon (until today, Tuesday) because they knew I wanted to get in quickly and the surgeon leaves out of town on Thursday. So, it was the only day.
I meet with the surgeon today, and that's a whole story in and of itself, and I leave thinking I'm all set to have the surgery tomorrow. But then I get a call from the surgical center and they say that I can have the surgery but they don't accept my insurance because they are out of network, so I would have to pay A TON of extra money. Or the other option would be to wait until the surgeon gets back and have it on March 9 at a different location, which would set me back almost 3 more weeks.
I mentioned on the phone to the lady that I actually lived out of state and that's why they had tried to squeeze me in so quickly...which is why she didn't get my insurance info earlier to be able to look into sooner than the day before. I talked with my parents and then called the lady back to see exactly how much extra it would cost to have it tomorrow.
Here's the miracle. When I called back, she said that she had talked to her manager and they decided they were going to treat me as if I was an in network place.  So, they are going to accept what my insurance would pay, write off the part they didn't pay and I am just responsible for my part. So instead of having to wait three more weeks, I get to have the surgery tomorrow with the same surgeon and for the same price I would have paid if I had waited. Basically, instead of having to pay 50% for having it tomorrow, they are only going to have me pay 20% which is what I would have paid if I had it in three weeks.
I am sooooo blessed and so thankful!!!!!!!!!
In the meantime, I'm hanging out with my sister and my niece, who now looks like a chia pet because her hair grows straight up...hence her new nickname, Chia!


No comments:

Post a Comment